We support foreign nationals to draw up a Will in English and Japanese. If it is a Will by notarized document, we communicate with Notary for you, therefore, foreign nationals, who understands Japanese but have little confidence to understand difficult Japanese or technical/legal terms, can be reassured by leaving communication with Notary to us.|
S A M P L E|
No. XXX, YYYY
Will by Notarized Document
I, a notary, hereby make this document based on a commission by Mr. AAA, testator, by taking dictation of the testator as follows in the presence of hereinafter described 2 witnesses on M D, YYYY:
Article 1.The testator, Mr. AAA (hereinafter called "Testator") bequeaths 50% of the following Bank Deposits to Testator's wife, Ms. BBB (Born on M D, YYYY, address: x-x-x, Chuo-ku, Osaka), and the remaining 50% to Testator's child, Ms. CCC (Born on M D, YYYY, address: x-x-x, Chuo-ku, Osaka).
(1)Bank Name: XYZ Banking Corporation
Branch Name: XXX Branch
Account Type: Ordinary Deposit
Account Number: 1234456
Account Name: AAA
＊＊ General Flow of Drawing up a Will by Notarized Document ＊＊
1. First Meeting
- Checking family structure, estates, etc.
- Checking contents of a Will which you want to draw up
- Preparing a Will and communicating/arranging with a Notary
- Translating the will into English
- Being witnesses
- Being an executor of the Will
3. Concluding business agreement
4. Preparation of the draft of a Will (including communication and arrangement with a Notary)
5. Final confirmation at the Notary Office and signing/sealing on the Will.
■ INHERITANCE/SUCCESSION (International Inheritance)
No one can avoid inheritance/succession regardless of nationality or residence.|
These days, the number of international inheritance is increasing due to migration (for business, study, etc.), international marriage, possession of estate abroad, etc.
Please feel free to contact us about:
- Registration of real properties in Japan by succession
- Preparation of agreement on division of inheritance
- Renunciation of Inheritance